Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Tsunami Relief

Any number of agencies are reaching out to the countries suffering from last week's massive tsunami.  Here's a partial list, gleaned from a few different sites, including a diary by Renee in Ohio:



Plus many others, we're sure.


There's no easy answers to the questions of theodicy here--"where is God when something like this happens?" or "why would a good God allow something like this to happen?".  But we think Rabbi Harold Kushner has a decent start here.

7 Comments:
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Carnacki said...

The most interesting part of the 23rd Psalm to me is that God never promises we'll walk only on the fair and green path. He all but promises we'll face horrors.
I do not understand why God allows tragedy to happen on this scale. I only try to accept he does for reasons beyond my comprehension. It may be a simplistic view of faith, but it's the view I hold.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger pastordan said...

I wish I had more of an answer for you, Carnacki, but I don't. You chase all the possible answers down, and none of them seem very satisfying in the end.

I guess what's even less satisfying is the idea that God is actively malicious, or that there is no God, only an indifferent universe.

In any case, ours is not to ask why on a certain level, only to ask what we can do.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Carnacki said...

I'm working on a "guest column" for you on Vision Forum Inc. Are you familiar with them? The column is currently about 2,100 words long, which is much too wordy and I'm cutting it shorter.

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.freewebs.com/tsunamirelief2004/

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Linux Unix said...

Cute blog! Please visit my dog boarding blog.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Linux Unix said...

For more in formation about commercial collection agency, check out the commercial collection agency blog.

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like dog breeders you may very well like this site dog breeders

 

Post a Comment

<< Home