Monday, January 31, 2005

Boxer needs our help!

from grannyhelen

Just got an email from Barbara Boxer's PAC for a Change...basically, she needs financial support to keep up the fight.<

I don't generally devote entire diaries to plugs for one politician, but in Boxer's case I will make an exception.  Fact of the matter is, there are over 55 million Americans who voted for John Kerry for President, whose views are currently not being adequately represented in our one-party-controlled Congress and Executive Branch.

Boxer, in my opinion, is single-handedly changing that equasion.

Show her some love! The entirety of her email follows:

Right after our tremendous victory in November, I pledged to you and all of my supporters that I would stand up and fight the big battles that lie ahead.  Little did I know that those battles would begin so quickly!

January started with the Ohio vote challenge -- an opportunity to shine a spotlight on the gross irregularities that continue to plague American elections.  Thanks to the Ohio debate, our Senate Democratic Leader, Harry Reid, promised me that election reform will be a key part of our legislative agenda -- and I look forward to staying on the forefront of that fight.

Then came the Condoleezza Rice hearings. Frankly, I was stunned by Dr. Rice's unwillingness to level with the American people when confronted with her own conflicting, misleading, and even untrue statements. Thanks to the 95,000 of you who signed my petition, you gave me and other Senators the support we needed to take our "advise and consent" responsibility seriously. And in the end, Dr. Rice's nomination was opposed by 13 Senators -- the most for any Secretary of State since 1825.

These were two important battles -- but the fight for our nation's future is only just beginning. And I need your help as we gear up for some even bigger battles ahead.

Stand with me in our fight for a better America --support PAC for a Change (link: https://www.changethecongress.com/donate/) today!

We can't afford to wait for the next fight -- we have to prepare today. If you want me to be a national leader on women's rights, election reform, judicial nominations, environmental protection, Social Security, and more, I need an organization behind me that will enable me to travel across the country to speak out on our issues, campaign hard for candidates who share our vision, and reach out to other Americans who will join our cause.

PAC for a Change is that organization. With your support, we will contribute to those candidates and causes that need our help. And with your participation, we will make our voices heard -- from the White House and the halls of Congress to the local newspapers your neighbors read, the radio stations they listen to, and the websites they visit. Only by working together to get our message out far and wide across America can we bring about the change we so desperately need.

Help me get our message out across America -- support PAC for a Change today!

The right-wing Republicans aren't going to take this sitting down. In fact, over just the past few weeks, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, and others have made me a primary target, reverting to the usual extremist playbook of vicious name-calling and outrageous personal attacks. It's clear that anyone who sticks their neck out by standing up and holding this Administration accountable risks being torn apart.

But if we are ever going to take America back from these right-wing extremists, we've got to stand up and fight. We can't let them get away with this any longer.

Over the years, and over just the past few weeks, you have given me strength and courage to speak truth to power; to keep going; to keep fighting. Today, I am asking you once again to give me the financial wherewithal to back it up.

Thank you so much. We must never give up. This is our country, and we must perfect it and protect it for the sake of our children, grandchildren, and those to come.

Stand with me,

Barbara Boxer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home