Friday, January 14, 2005

God-fearing thugs

The FF staff (me, myself and I) have decided to rename our "Bad Men" category, based on this item from the New York Daily News.  Pungent-yet-questionable journalism at its finest.


Speaking of God-fearing thugs, check the parenting tips at the bottom of this page.


Slactivist feels the need to remind us of some basic principles:

I would just like to state for the record that I think torture is wrong.


And paramilitary death squads. I'm against them, thank you.


And also cannibalism. And the vivisection of small children. Bad Things, those. Oughtn't to be done. Although, unlike torture and death squads, these latter two are not yet, to my knowledge, being considered/recommended/implemented by my government.


And ... Jesus God! I can't stand this.


How in the name of all that is holy did I end up living in a country where I find myself having to say things like that?


Gaah.


I just ... gaah.



Which reminds us of Mrs. Pastor's favorite "Get Fuzzy" line:  "It's not like I never want to bite people...I just know it's wrong."  Would that everyone did.


The World Help plan to resettle Muslim orphans in a Christian orphanage near Jakarta is kaput.  And just when we were working up some good rant on the subject.


Tyndale Seminary and two others in Texas are fighting a Texas law that says they can't issue degrees without being accredited by the state.  Because, you know, being subject to the governing authorities just doesn't work for Christians anymore.


The saga of the Philadelphia 11 5 continues, as do the fundagelical cries of persecution.  Tip for y'all:  if you're not getting stomped by several burly cops with tasers and nightsticks, a comparison to Rodney King just doesn't work.


The Philly Inquirer (link above) has a picture of Repent America's Michael Marcavage looking pretty normal, but then Pam has this picture of Marcavage with none other than Roy Moore:



What is it with crazy believers and beards without mustaches?


And what is it with crazy believers spouting quotes like this (from the PhillyInq article above)?

"This homofascism has come to our doorstep; it's in America," said Ralph Ovadal, head of Wisconsin Christians United, in a recent radio program. "Christians need to wake up and realize how quickly the walls are closing in on their religious liberties, on their religious duties to preach the gospel."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home