Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Religious News Roundup--February 2, 2005

Ned

We guess when it rains, it pours: today is Imbolc, aka: Imbolg, Candlemas, Brigantia, The Feast of the Waxing Light, and Oimelc.  The practitioners can explain better than I can, but it's essentially a day to look forward to what will be given the world in the next growing season.


Is that anywhere near accurate?


Today is also Groundhog Day, and would have been Bob Marley's 60th birthday.  If you're in Omaha tonight, you're in luck:  there's a children's program at Northwest Hills Church, and a lecture on "The Roots of Islam in America" at the University.  Both at 6.  Or, you can send some e-mail to Cyndi Simpson, a Wiccan priestess denied permission to bless a local Board of Supervisors' meeting due to her faith.


Today's categories:

1 Comments:
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Mark Sumner said...

I've started posting my own interwoven gospel translation (yes, I know, what a frickin' original idea) over at twotaboos.blogspot.com.

I'd appreciate the eyeballs of a few fellow progressive Christians to tell me if this holds together.

Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home