Thursday, February 17, 2005

This is why I read Body & Soul

Jeanne on what's more important: the Jeff Gannon story or John Negroponte being promoted to National Intelligence Director:
My sense of the intersection between ideals and practicality in politics was taken from Bobby Kennedy many decades ago: It isn't enough to be right and tell the truth. You have to find ways to break down all the barriers that stand in the way of people seeing the truth. You have to constantly ask yourself, how do you get people to see the face of poverty and racism? In our time, how do we get them to feel the pain of the tortured?

Let's stop them any way we can was never part of that.

As I write, I'm talking myself out of that long held idea. Does it really matter what cracks Bush's power, as long as something does?

pastordan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home