Sunday, March 06, 2005

Brothers and Sisters,

Lost in wonder, love, and thanksgiving, let us pray for all people, for all nations, and for our community:


  • I ask your prayers for this community, for all who serve it, for those who gather here, and for all progressives everywhere. Pray for the community.
    Let our love be genuine!



  • I ask your prayers for the good earth, that all people may respect its resources, preserve its future, and enjoy its fruits in their season. Pray for the soil and the sea.
    Let our love be genuine!



  • I ask your prayers for the leaders of the nations, that they may act deliberately and dispassionately, and for the good of all. Pray for those who govern.
    Let our love be genuine!



  • I ask your prayers for peace, that the peoples of the world may live in safety and without fear. Pray for peace.
    Let our love be genuine!



  • I ask your prayers for the wealthy, the free, and the healthy, that they may use their possessions to aid those in need. Pray for compassion among people.
    Let our love be genuine!



  • I ask your prayers for the sick, the sorrowing, and those who are alone, especially Kerry, who has ceased chemotherapy to face ovarian cancer and enjoy what time she may have with her young child.
    Let our love be genuine!



  • I ask your prayers for the departed, especially those who have died through violence, that they may find eternal rest.
    Let our love be genuine!


  • Source of life and love, hear these thoughts and prayers, and grant our requests. Strengthen us for the tasks you give us, and bring us at last to unending thanksgiving.

    (Adapted from Chalice Worship, from the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)

    2 Comments:
    At 3:01 AM, Blogger amacdrummer said...

    I was searcing for cancer prostate info when I came accross your cancer prostate blog... I think you would like **THIS**

     
    At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a inflammatory breast cancer site. It pretty much covers inflammatory breast cancer related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    -----------------------------------------------------

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home