Sunday, April 17, 2005

Amber

My name is Amber and I am an atheist from Binghamton, New York.

I strongly support the right of everyone to worship, or not worship, whomever they choose. Religion and faith are very personal matters and I would never force my beliefs upon someone else.

I do not believe our constitution or founding fathers intended for the government to mandate a national religion or establish a theocracy. I expect our leaders to understand and accept the fact that there is a vast diversity in beliefs throughout the nation and govern justly.

I envision a nation where the poor, ill, young and elderly are cared for adequately, where differences in opinion and faith are treated with respect, where the American people are truly listened to rather than being manipulated by the press and religious leaders, where the government works to help people and not corporations, where bigotry is no longer acceptable, where women are allowed control over their bodies and lives, where everyone has the right to marry the person they love, and where we do not attack other countries without real provocation.

I wish to see America become the beacon of freedom and democracy that it claims to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home