Friday, April 22, 2005

Developments

Apologies for not being able to post very much in the past couple of days.

There have been a number of developments today:
  • The LATimes, with the assistance of Americans United for the Separation of Church and State (AU) has broken a story on a Justice Sunday organizers' meeting in March that revealed some of their real agenda. More here.

  • DriveDemocracy and allied organizations are organizing a counter-rally in Louisville on Sunday. George Lakoff of Don't Think of An Elephant fame announces it here. Meanwhile, the church hosting the main event has tightened security.

  • The National Council of Churches has released a statement denouncing Justice Sunday. Of particular interest:
    Religious groups, including the National Council of Churches and the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, plan to conduct a conference call with journalists on Friday to criticize Senator Frist's participation in the telecast. The program is sponsored by Christian conservative organizations that want to build support for Dr. Frist's filibuster proposal.

    Among those scheduled to speak in the conference call is the Rev. Clifton Kirkpatrick, a top official of the Presbyterian Church U.S.A., in which Dr. Frist is an active member.

    "One of the hallmarks of our denomination is that we are an ecumenical church," Mr. Kirkpatrick said in an interview on Thursday. He also said, "Elected officials should not be portraying public policies as being for or against people of faith."

    Thanks to dKos' Newsie for providing the link.

8 Comments:
At 1:04 AM, Blogger redsheets said...

This site is great, nice job!!

I have a natural penis enlargement info site. It is about natural penis enlargement articles and stuff.

Drop by when you can, nice site here!

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous hospital bills said...

Hi Blogger. Can I find any information on http://www.livechathelp.com here? My friend said to check out Developments for information on hospital debt but this does not seem like the most relevant of blogs. I like cruzing through your site but maybe search engines might have more information. Need to come back later though...great blogs!

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great new Property Listing real estate listing lancaster pa site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Faith said...

Hi there Blogger, I was just cruising searching for the latest information on and came across this great blog. Although Developments wasn’t quite what I was looking for, it has excellent articles. I see now why I found your page when I was looking for related topics. I’m glad I stopped by this is a great Blog, keep up the good work. You are most welcomed to visit my site at

 
At 2:38 AM, Anonymous Content said...

Hi Blogger I’ve been looking for Rss feeds related blogs and I came across yours on Developments during my trawl, so I thought it would be polite to let you know about my visit. I have just recently started a daily news feed on my own site and you are most welcome to come and visit me at Rss feeds. I would also be happy to trade links with you if you are interested. Bye for now and have a nice day! Roy

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Rss feeds said...

Hi Blogger I’ve been looking for Testimony related blogs and I came across yours on Developments during my trawl, so I thought it would be polite to let you know about my visit. I have just recently started a daily news feed on my own site and you are most welcome to come and visit me at Testimony. I would also be happy to trade links with you if you are interested. Bye for now and have a nice day! Roy

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Up to date said...

Hi Blogger I’ve been looking for News related blogs and I came across yours on Developments during my trawl, so I thought it would be polite to let you know about my visit. I have just recently started a daily news feed on my own site and you are most welcome to come and visit me at News. I would also be happy to trade links with you if you are interested. Bye for now and have a nice day! Roy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home