Saturday, April 16, 2005

Dina M.

Sometimes I am baffled by Jesus, and sometimes I have been embarrassed to know him. Sometimes he holds my hand and leads me, sometimes he craddles me in his arms. Sometimes I am on fire with his presence and sometimes I am at peace with his grace. In all of this - I am a disciple of Christ.

Lately I am angry with his righteous anger. God is an awesome God, a just God, a kind and loving God, a Holy Spirit which unites and binds us and Jesus who inspires us and treats us as brothers and sisters - the children of God.

This Administration which professes to act according to Christian principles is more concerned with fear-mongering and the morals imposed by an angry God.

But God calls us to love one another as we love ourselves. Let us forgive one another as we hope to be forgiven. Let us lift each other up to be our better selves.

The spirit of community is how our spirituality should work in a democracy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home