Saturday, April 16, 2005

Jeffrey S.

I am a Christian, a man of faith. I am apalled at the actions and intent of the right wing of the Christian faith these days. Never have I seen a group so willing to distort the facts to force their opinions on the rest of the country.

I am deeply ashamed of these people who I would wish to call brehtren. But I cannot agree with their efforts to impose a distinctly non-Biblical set of precepts upon me. Jesus said help the poor, be humble, turn the other cheek, seek the kingdom of heaven, and love thy neighbor. In all honesty, I can't reconcile the positions of the current crop of Christian Nationalists with the obvious intent of Jesus' teachings. They are truly the modern day equivalent of the Pharisees and Saduccees of yesteryear. One wonders who they talk to when they pray.

Please help protect us from these advocates of martial Christianity, and bring common sense back into our political process.

Yours in Christ,

Jeffrey P. Stivers, PE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home