Saturday, April 16, 2005

Jerry S.

I am Jerry Soucy. I am a registered nurse who has supported Democratic
candidates and ellected officials since 1976. I practice and support
spirituality, religion, religious freedom, tolerance, and actions based on faith
and compassion.

I strongly object to any attempts by voters, elected officials, and others to
politicize faith and matters of faith.

I oppose all attempts to overthrow Senate rules for partisan political gain.
These rules preserve the rights of minorities of all kinds, in keeping with the
Founding Fathers' beliefs. I oppose Senate approval of several radical judicial
nominees whom I believe will be harmful to American justice system. Any attempts to link religious faith and practice with the agenda of any political party are
cynical, dishonest, and wrong.

My spiritual and religious heritage requires me to follow those who feed the
hungry.

My spiritual and religious heritage requires me to follow those who give water
to the thirsty.

My spiritual and religious heritage requires me to follow those who welcome the stranger.

My spiritual and religious heritage requires me to follow those who clothe the
naked.

My spiritual and religious heritage requires me to follow those who care for the
sick.

My spiritual and religious heritage requires me to follow those who visit the
prisoner.

My spiritual and religious heritage requires me to follow those who seek equity
for the poor and an end to racial prejudice.

My spiritual and religious heritage requires me to follow those who seek to end
political oppression of those who hold unpopular views, including views
regarding sexuality and religious beliefs.

My spiritual and religious heritage requires me to follow those who seek peace
at home and in the world.

My spiritual and religious heritage requires me to help those who hunger and
thirst for justice, that it might roll down like mighty waters, and
righteousness like a mighty stream.

My spiritual and religious heritage will not be intimidated or silenced. I will
not be intimidated or silenced by those who cannot accept my political
affiliations. I will not be intimidated or silenced by those who cannot accept
my personal spiritual and religious beliefs.

I will not be intimidated or silenced by those who would pervert my faith, or
anyone's faith, for their partisan political ends.

I believe in, and will fight for, an America where justice, compassion, and
diversity flourish, and where all of us can reach for our highest potential.
I extend my hand in love and compassion.

I do all of this based on my understanding and belief in the teachings of Jesus
Christ, Mohammed, the Buddha, Abraham, and all who have led by their word and their example.

1 Comments:
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Editor Choice said...

Enjoyed your Blog. Continue your great job. Thanks
I wanted just to mention an interesting site regarding: Religions, with more than 500 pages, Religion News and Articles Religion Universe: Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Taoism (Daoism) and many others

 

Post a Comment

<< Home