Saturday, April 16, 2005

John M.

My name is John McLaren. I am a Christian Democrat
who believes that our faith is a source of strength
and inspiration, guidance and comfort. It is not to
be used as a political club. It is not to be used for
intimidation or empire-building. I believe that our
faith is a beautiful tool for building and healing
lives. But when it is used as an implement of
political power it is poisoned and degraded.

As a Christian, I am offended and angered by the
attempts of political operators to turn my faith into
a weapon. We need the separation of church and
state, and need it badly. The politicization of
religion can only poison our politics and corrupt our
religion. We can, and must, preserve the blessings of
faith against this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home