Saturday, April 16, 2005

Kristi T.

My name is Kirsti Thomas. I am an evangelical Christian who lives in
Tacoma, Washington with my husband of 10 years, and my 2-year old
daughter. I am also a proud Democrat and card-carrying member of the
ACLU.

As a Christian, I believe that the government has no business, at any
level, promoting Christianity. History has shown time and time again
that state-sponsorship of religion only weakens and cheapens belief in
the long run.

As a Christian, I believe that the place for my daughter to experience
our faith is in our house, not the public school system.

As a Christian, I believe that my Muslim, Wiccan, Hindu, Buddhist, and
Jewish friends have the right to be free from Christian proselytizing
when using government services their tax money has paid for.

As a Christian, I believe that feeding the poor is more important than
giving tax breaks to billionaires.

As a Christian, I believe that available contraception, living wages,
paid maternity leave, and affordable daycare will do more to end
abortion than criminalizing it ever will.

As a Christian, I believe that God is neither a Republican, nor a
Democrat.

I am a liberal and a Christian. Here I stand. I can do no other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home