Saturday, April 16, 2005

Sandra

My name is Sandra, I live in a small village in Upstate New York.

I am a Democrat and a person of faith.

I support religious freedom for all people. I support the Constitution of the United States. I see no contradiction here, but apparently some people do.

While I would never try to force others into bending their souls to fit my beliefs there are some who would try to force mine into a shape more pleasing to them.

What stops them is the law of this land.

This frustrates them, they rant and rage and spew hatred at the ideals that have made this country great and threaten to tear it down and rebuild it in the mode of Iran. A theocracy, not a democracy.

But they can not touch my soul. They can not break it, bend it, mutilate it.
I won't let them.

They can't make me believe that torture is moral, that war is pleasing to the Creator, that love is an abomination.

They can't make me believe that to speak the truth is unpatriotic or irreligious.
I believe in liberty and justice for all, not for one sect or one creed but for all.
Fanatical bigots and the Republicans who pick their pockets want to kill that ideal.

We can't let them.

This is a country of great promise, of great compassion. The heart and soul of this country are too big, too grand to be circumscribed by hatred and fear.

1 Comments:
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like hunting dog you may very well like this site hunting dog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home