Saturday, April 16, 2005

Scott G.

I am a scientist.

I am a Bostonian.

I am a Democrat.

I am an American of strong and still deepening faith.

Baptized at 17 years, born Jewish.

Because many Christians will always see me as a Jew for all the wrong reasons,
I still call myself a born Jew for all the right reasons.

I am a Christian, a highly imperfect servant of Christ.

I am a Democrat because the goals of today's Democrats align with the spirit of the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.

Our relationship with God is for us to try to walk with God.

Our relationship to each other is for us to build each other up, according to our abilities.

I am a Democrat because every time the Apostle Paul cites a sin of the flesh, he also cites a sin of the spirit, such as hate and selfishness.

To him, they are equally evil.

And we are all guilty of such evils.

So in the Christian view, we turn to Christ to help perfect us, not by our own actions, but God's.

And through that change, "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

I am a Democrat because the Democratic party of today is a natural home for the fruits of the Spirit. It is an imperfect home. It seeks to be better. It does not boast.

One day, when the Republican party returns to its honorable roots of its anti-slavery days, then it will not matter which party is embraced by a person of faith.

Until then, I remain a strong and proud Democrat with faith in Christ.

1 Comments:
At 1:49 AM, Blogger TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

 

Post a Comment

<< Home