Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Stacy J.

My name is Stacy Jarrell and I live in Bristol, Tennessee. The same Tennessee that has Bill Frist as our Senator.

I AM A CHRISTIAN, although not always the best one, but I try to follow what Jesus wanted us to do. And when I falter, I know he will forgive me and still hold me in his hand. I ask him to guide my life and pray not for what I may want, but what He thinks is best.

I AM A CHRISTIAN who wants everyone to know of God's everlasting love. I look at the people Jesus hung around with and I shudder at what He would be called today. Somewhere, somehow those that judge us as "non-believers" because we don't agree with them forgot who Jesus ministered most to. He is the one that told us not to judge others and if God said it I believe it. And, as they say, that's good enough for me.

I AM A CHRISTIAN and I always thought - and still do think - that my life should emulate Christ's life. That I should do nothing that would be a stumbling block to anyone else coming to Christ. That it is my actions and not my words that make me a Christian.

I AM A CHRISTIAN, but that doesn't mean I should throw God's name around to make my opinions the right one. No one should claim to know the mind of God. He gave us the Bible to guide us, prayer to talk to him and free will to decide for ourselves. Swearing is not the only way of taking God's name in vain.

I AM A CHRISTIAN and a liberal. I believe God wants us to take care of those that need it. Whether it's a financial, spiritual or health burden. The least I can do is help my neighbor. If I have one and my neighbor has none - how can I not share?? It's what God told us to do. He was very pointed on how hard it is for a rich man to get into the Kingdom of Heaven. I pray for Him to provide what I need and trust in Him to do it.

I AM A CHRISTIAN that dreams of a world that shows the loving, inclusive nature of my God. Yes, He is capable of striking us down at any moment or forcing us to come to Him. Instead, in His wisdom, He has given us the joy of coming to Him of our own accord. I dream of a country - MY country - that allows us to use the free will he gave us to make our choices instead of one that berates or condemns us when our choice is not what the "Christians" in politics think it should be.

I AM A CHRISTIAN and more than anything I want people to know it without me ever saying a word to them. I want my life to show my faith. I will pray for those that would do me, and my faith, harm. It is the least I can do as a Christian. And I believe that Senator Frist is at the top of that list right now. I hope he will search his heart and listen when God speaks. It is never too late for forgiveness.

Stacy Jarrell,
Bristol, Tennessee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home