Monday, May 30, 2005

Surfacing

I've been gone so long I hardly remember why I left in the first place.

It's a blur now: there was the Affirmation Project, which I failed to get off the ground in the way I intended. There was the Spiritual Progressives Online Conference at the Rockridge Institute, which actually worked out rather well. And there was the day job, and a couple of weeks of back problems (I still have to have four weeks of physical therapy for that), another week of allergies, a Daily Kos meetup in Harper's Ferry, and a general desire to have some kind of life.

By which I mean, of course, work in the yard.

So I'm going to blame it on the wild strawberry, and whatever other creeping vines have invaded my lawn. It's not their fault, but they were the last things to aggravate me, and they do make handy scapegoats. It's the least the little bastards can do, after all the time I've spent uprooting them.

In any case, I'm back. I apologize to the folks who tried to help with the Affirmation Project, and if there are any folks out there still reading this, I promise you some exciting things ahead. But not tomorrow, maybe. I still have to finish the office payroll.

To wrap up the Affirmation Project, it seems appropriate to hear from the Big Man Himself, an affirmation transcribed by "Wahoo":

My name is Jesus.
I believe the poor in spirit shall inherit the Kingdom of God.
I believe the meek shall possess the land.
I believe those who mourn shall be comforted.
I believe those who hunger and thirst after justice shall have their fill.
I believe the merciful shall themselves obtain mercy.
I believe the clean of heart shall see God.
I believe the peacemakers will be called the children of God.
I believe those that suffer persecution for justice' sake have obtained the kingdom of heaven.
I believe one should love one's neighbor as oneself.
I believe that what one does to the least among us is done to me.
I believe I already made this pretty clear. Can someone explain to me the confusion?

3 Comments:
At 9:25 AM, Blogger PSoTD said...

I'm glad you're back.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Linux Unix said...

Cute blog! Please visit my miniature dog blog.

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan so youmight like akc pug

 

Post a Comment

<< Home